This week's A.P.T. is Nick Linnehan of Identity Theater Company. I have known Nick for a number of years, have had him in some of my classes, and have seen the shows he puts on. He is one of those people who seeks to do the kind of work that matters. His company focuses on giving opportunities to performers of all types and he often works with the differently abled on shows that promote conversation as well as inclusion. Recently, Nick started a funding campaign to travel with another amazing company Dramatic Adventure Theatre . If you are able to support him, please do. He's a great guy with a huge heart and that makes him a prime canadidate for A.P.T. status this week. You can read more about his funding goals below and support him HERE.
Travel Date: July 11, 2013
Travel Duration: 24 Days
Campaign Started: March 13, 2013
Campaign Ends: July 05, 2013
Dramatic Adventure Theatre
Various Locations, Slovakia
ACTion: Heart of Europe is a 24-day journey through Czech, Slovakia, and Austria during the summer of 2013. Participants explore diverse cultures and terrain; engage with local communities through service projects and theater education; workshop with local artists and theatre companies; learn from guest lecturers at on-site universities; collaborate with professional artists on devised theatre pieces, and perform these pieces at Abingdon Theatre in midtown Manhattan.
- Receive teaching artist training in Acting and Playwriting; Attend culture & history lectures at local universities; Create a devised play for premiere in NYC
- Housing in hotels and hostels in both urban and rural settings
- Travel to village Levoca and breathtaking Spis Castle; Visit Belianska Cave, go whitewater rafting and hike near Zdiar, Slovakia;
- Explore metropoli Prague, Bratislava and Vienna, along with rural destinations in the mountains of Slovakia. Attend Theatre at Laterna Magika in Prague; learn traditional folk dancing in Bratislava; visit the Belvedere Museum in Vienna.
- Teach theatre to low-income children in Bratislava; work with Roma youth to create new works; complete requested projects in mountain communities; teach advanced workshops to gifted children in Vienna.