If I had to identify the one thing that taught me the most about producing when I first got started it was doing internships and volunteering for projects. It was a great opportunity for me to meet the players in the game and also to learn as I went along what was and was not effective.
The company has grown over the past few years and I find myself in the position of taking on a number of new projects. Since that is the case, I thought that I would open up the doors and see if anyone out there would like to learn from me.
I love to teach and I will be bringing on some apprentices for the summer for my latest projects. Here's what they'll learn:
1. Techniques for raising money for projects and the chance to practice those money raising skills on existing projects.
2. How to develop and execute on a marketing strategy for shows, classes, and conferences
3. Ways to make one on one meetings more effective and build a solid network within the industry
4. Creating and managing a budget for a project
5. Developing new ideas and testing them for profitability.
It's a chance to learn in what I feel is the best way possible-By doing.
The only investment?
That's right, a full hands on producing apprenticeship and I'm not charging for it, I just want to teach some new aspiring producers what I know and give them the chance to work with people from my team and my network.
If you're interested, you can apply HERE.
I can only take on a limited number of people, so if you're interested, sign up quick!