Last year at the beginning of the new year, I created a post listing the things I had done in the previous year. If you've never tried this, it's pretty cool. So below are my accomplishments from 2011.
- Hosted a casting event for the Planet Connections Theatre Festivity
- Provided GM and Consulting services for productions in Planet Connections, Midtown International Theatre Festival, FringeNYC, and the New York Musical Theatre Festival
- Taught 12 Solving for X classes
- Created or co-taught the following classes: No Bullsh%$ seminar, Monetizing your Passion, The PLAE 2 Day Weekend, Raising Money, PLAE Academy, Time Management and Delegation for Control freaks in Entertainment
- Found out The Scottsboro Boys received 12 Tony nominations
- Made my entire income for the year from consulting, GM work, and workshops
- Wrote my new play BETH, which was produced in RI by Daydream Theatre Company
- Launched the Facebook friends experiment and have successfully connected with 30 people on my FB friends list who I had never met before.
- Wrote my most re-tweeted blog post: Why NOT to start a Theatre Company
- Started the Lessons from my first year of business series
- Introduced my readers to the G.A.T.E. strategy
- Co-Produced 5 new shows, readings, and fundraisers
- Completed my 4th year of writing this blog
So there you have it folks! Feel free to comment below about your own acheivements in 2011 and let's make this a great 2012.